Completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing;
- Graduation date (when will you be/have graduating/graduated from the programme);
- IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in;
- Top three (3)areas of interest
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, if any; IT skills and three (3) references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Org. Setting and Reporting
This internship position is located in the Terminology Unit, Translation and Editorial Support Section, Languages Service, Division of Conference Management, United Nations Office at Geneva.
This internship will start early February 2017 for an initial period of 2 months and for a maximum period of 6 months.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, duties may include but are not limited to working directly in the UNTERM Portal terminology database.
These tasks include:
• Monitors documentation and other materials and identifies changes, developments, linguistic inconsistencies and variations in different areas of terminology used in the United Nations.
• Contributes to the development of new terminology for use where none exists in the target language.
• Contributes terms and titles, along with definitions and notes, in Russian and/or in English and French to the terminology database.
• Proposes solutions to terminology issues raised by staff members and conducts documentary research and consultations to this end.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
• Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
• Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, much commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Applicants pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages must have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
-Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
-Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
-Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
-Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
-Places team agenda before personal agenda.
-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
-Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
-Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated tasks.
-Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
-Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
-Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
-Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
-Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Fluency in Russian, which must be the candidate's main language is required. Knowledge of English or French is required.