1. Manage the portfolio of UNICEF's water, sanitation and education product innovation projects including general project management as well as documenting and communicating developments to management and the innovation review board.
2. Supports and/or conducts end-user needs assessments in programmes or projects aimed at improving access to Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Education supplies and equipment.
3. Creates terms of references (TORs) and shares technical expertise for procurement of products and services to support the development and scale up of product innovation.
4. Conducts market research for innovations, provides analysis, background information, recommendations for improving the suitability and range of products.
5. In collaboration with UNICEF Programme Division, Regional Advisors, Country offices and other key partners, contributes to the development of Target Product Profiles (TPPs) and product specifications for innovative products and technologies.
6. Plans, collaborates and executes in-country field trials of innovative products and technologies.
7. Communicate to, and collaborate with developers, suppliers, academia and industry to stimulate markets and drive innovation in this sector with the end goal being availability of products for procurement.
8. Ensure strong connection between Innovation Unit, and WSEC within Supply Division, and the communities of practice within WASH and Education globally, with particular focus on UNICEF Programme Division, regional and country offices.
9. Create tools to document best practices for driving product innovation around WASH and Education programmes.
10. Create other tools and processes as required and requested by the supervisor.
11. Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor.
A completed advanced university degree (Master's Degree) in one of the following areas: Public Health, Policy, Design, Mechanical Engineering, Sanitation Engineering, Business Studies, Social Sciences or a field relevant to international WASH and/or education related development assistance is required.
Additional training or courses in Innovation, Public Health, Education or WASH would be an asset.
Minimum 5 years of progressive relevant professional experience in management of product innovation projects is required.
Field work experience is a requirement.
Experience with focus on WASH and Education projects would be an asset.
Experience in the UN context is an asset.
Diversity and Inclusion
Working with People (II)
Drive for Results (II)
Planning and Organising (II)
Relating and Networking (II)
Creating and Innovating (II)
Applying Technical Expertise (II)
Proficiency in English is required.
Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.